Skip to main content

What I have learned as a failure

Warning: may contain triggers for those who suffer anxiety or depression.

This title is misleading; I suffer from an anxiety disorder. I am constantly under the pressure that I am a total failure and cannot do anything. It’s hard to fight against something that is all in your mind. No one is telling me I can’t; no one is telling me I am a loser. I am telling me all this. All day, every day for the last 24 years. That is a very difficult pathway to come off of.

Something I realised today. There will be no point in my life where I became a perfect human and it will be all gravy. I will constantly struggle.

Life is damn hard.
I had no idea I would fall this hard. I never saw this coming.
I am not alone.
We all face different struggles. We face pain we did not expect.
It is okay. Not everything can be fixed. But we can adapt and change.
I have grown in many ways the last 5 years. I have shrunk into a strange little dark thing but I also fought against it and became a better me.
I have become a better sister, friend and human. I am compassionate and I believe that anyone can overcome anything.
You are strong. Nothing is ever over until you day so.

I am so against letting myself try because I fear failure, I fear being exposed as a fraud. Fraudulent against what, I actually have no idea.

I am putting up this post because I needed to. Something I whipped out of my ass. Mostly for me. But if someone reads this and feels a little bit better for a second, then I am cool with that. Even if you compare yourself to me and think at least you’re not as weak as I am. Good for you. You can get past the next 24 hours of life.

There is no direction here. It is the incoherent ramblings of person struggling.
A lot of people I know are in pain at the moment. Loss, illness, life in general.
I am in pain because I hate myself and I am the monster of my own life.

I have not found a new pathway. It’s hard. 24 years of being that monster.
This is a confession of a failure.
But damn, I’m not giving up. I will never give up. My monster, my fight.

Good luck to all humans. Fight your monster.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hannah Gadsby and the “S” Word

I have a lot of issues with ‘s’ words. "Should", "success", "scared", "shame". They all, well, suck. They have baggage, a weight I can feel in my stomach, my soul.   I feel like my story is broken, wasting away like a faded receipt. Can I get a refund on my mid 20’s?

War of The Wardrobes

Australians are drowning in unwanted and unworn clothing items. 104 items are left unworn in our wardrobes, costing $1.7 billion a year, according to The Clothing Exchange. A company who encourage us to swap our clothes when they are no longer worn or wanted. The Wardrobe Workshop and Swap/Style/Snap Shop hosted by The Clothing Exchange celebrates 10 years working with Melbourne Fashion Festival. From left to right: Linn Vikander, Mat Ekstrom, Fabia Pryor, Cheryl Lin, Sigrid McCarthy, Violette Snow and Kate Luckins. Photo by: Alison Foletta In this workshop we discuss sustainable fashion, to invest in our own style and to refine and develop our wardrobe into only what we love and really wear. Panellists for the Wardrobe Workshop include founder of The Clothing Exchange Kate Luckins with Linn Vikander, Cheryl Lin of Business Chic, founders of Hessian Magazine Violette Snow and Sigrid McCarthy, Fabia Pryor a sustainability consultant and slow fashion retailer Mats