Skip to main content

I respect trigger warnings. Because if a few words can save a life, we should commit to it.

Trigger warnings, refers to triggered media, anxiety, depression, sexual assault and domestic violence.

Look at you. You're so strong and brave. I know life can be hard. Almost like it's not worth the effort. You're doing it though, you are here.
I may not be able to meet you, hug you, pay for therapy, pay for a holiday, give you exactly what you need. But I can respect you enough to take a bit of care in what I put out on the Internet. I can take a few seconds to warn you and others about the content you may read. 
Because you are worth that. 

A persons life can be severely affected by content on anxiety, depression, sexual assault, domestic violence, anything that hurls them into a bad place. 
If I can take a small action to avoid putting a person into a dark place, I will do my utmost to do so.
Trigger warnings are about respect and understanding. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hannah Gadsby and the “S” Word

I have a lot of issues with ‘s’ words. "Should", "success", "scared", "shame". They all, well, suck. They have baggage, a weight I can feel in my stomach, my soul.   I feel like my story is broken, wasting away like a faded receipt. Can I get a refund on my mid 20’s?

War of The Wardrobes

Australians are drowning in unwanted and unworn clothing items. 104 items are left unworn in our wardrobes, costing $1.7 billion a year, according to The Clothing Exchange. A company who encourage us to swap our clothes when they are no longer worn or wanted. The Wardrobe Workshop and Swap/Style/Snap Shop hosted by The Clothing Exchange celebrates 10 years working with Melbourne Fashion Festival. From left to right: Linn Vikander, Mat Ekstrom, Fabia Pryor, Cheryl Lin, Sigrid McCarthy, Violette Snow and Kate Luckins. Photo by: Alison Foletta In this workshop we discuss sustainable fashion, to invest in our own style and to refine and develop our wardrobe into only what we love and really wear. Panellists for the Wardrobe Workshop include founder of The Clothing Exchange Kate Luckins with Linn Vikander, Cheryl Lin of Business Chic, founders of Hessian Magazine Violette Snow and Sigrid McCarthy, Fabia Pryor a sustainability consultant and slow fashion retailer Mats